My Holiday Recap - 2023

 

(A photo of my family's living room Christmas decorations)

Hello everyone! Welcome back! I hope you all are having a great Wednesday, so far.

As I mentioned last week, I didn't get a chance to do any blog posts here during the holiday season. But I did document quite a bit of it for future posts. So, that is the topic for today! Get ready for some Christmas fun 💕


One of the first Christmasy things we did over the month of December, was going to go see Die Hard in theaters on the 9th! Which, though we watch it every year, I had never seen it in theaters. And it was so, so fun! But also, very loud.



Then, me and my older sister, Mckayla made gingerbread houses on the 22nd of December.
Here's a look at mine! I didn't add a whole lot to the front because I spent the bulk of my time tediously making the icicles. But I tried my very best to go for a more winter wonderland look, with lots of bluish hues. 


Here's a closer look at my gingerbread girl. I gave her a cute purple top hat out of a gumdrop. She looks a bit like a scary ghost from a horror movie...But we're not gonna talk about it, k?


I wanted to do something more funny with this year's gingerbread house. So, I tried to make it look like my gingerbread man was eating all the icing. But my twin sister, Tony pointed out that it looks like he ate his own eyes, since my gingerbread girl has icing as her eyes. Which honestly...I can see 😅I'm also just now noticing that his lollipop (made out of an orange gumdrop) looks a bit more like a weapon that would be in Buffy The Vampire Slayer. This gingerbread house is seeming scarier by the second, yikes.


This is what my roof looks like. I really like the icicles at the very top, and also the cute peppermint chimney, which took forever to stick but I'd say it was worth it, right?


It was getting late, so I didn't add much on the sides. Just these holly berries, which did turn out quite cute! I didn't add anything to the back, but maybe next year I should hallow out the back, so it looks like a snowstorm came through. Let me know what you guys think about that idea.


This is how Mckayla's gingerbread house turned out! I love all the different bright colors she chose. And the path of gumdrops and peppermints looks especially Christmasy <3 

(This picture turned out so blurry, but this persons' yard was FILLED with so many decorations, and it looked so cool!)

That night we also went driving around to look at Christmas lights while listening to music. And that was very fun, indeed <3




Next, on Christmas Eve (the 24th) we decorated some sugar cookies. We made lots of cookies of during the Christmas season, like Mexican Wedding Cookies, Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies, and Gingerbread Cookies. So, we had to make the sugar cookies a lot later than usual.
The first one I made was this adorable Christmas tree! My decorating wasn't quite as good, since all we had to decorate with was sprinkles. But...oh well.


Next, I made this stocking. Which may be my favorite one!


After that, I made a gingerbread girl. I tried to do a sort of silhouette with different blue colors, since making their faces is almost impossible. I'm not quite sure how it turned out. I feel like every time I look at it, it seems to change. But I do love the colors.


I really like this one too! I tried my best to make a stitched heart, and I think it turned out pretty good and still managed to stay Christmasy.


I tried to make a gradient with green and red, which...Kinda worked? But it's still a bit messy.


As every year, I made a sporadic, crazy, totally out of my comfort zone cookie. Which I always end up hating. But this one, though I still dislike it, kind of looks like the Christmas cookie from that holiday Fancy Nancy book. Let me know if you agree, or even know what I'm talking about, lol.


And last, but certainly not least...I made this adorable blue snowflake, this is also one of my favorites <3 It took a while to do, but I'd say it was worth it. It turned out so dang cute! And my Dad said this was his favorite of the cookies I made. That's how you know it's good!


Lastly, after having some delicious snack food, we started a fire and watched our annual Christmas Eve movie, Polar Express, while eating some Christmas cookies and drinking hot chocolate. It was so, so much fun!


Obviously, I did many, many things during the holiday season. Like lots of blog post for my other blog, Hailey's Joyful Dolls, and I also had a lot of fun decorating our new house, especially my very own room, for Christmas. And we played lots of Sea of Thieves and Lego Star Wars on the Xbox.

By the way, I hope you guys like the updates I've been working on for my blogs. I took both cover photos myself. And I would really like to know what changes you would make, as well! Since your guys' input is always great <3 

I hope you guys have an amazing week! And a very Happy New Year 💖

Bye for now!






























How Was Your Holiday Season?
What Do You Think Of Our Christmas Treats?
What Are Your Thoughts On My Blogs Update?

Comments

  1. I'm not much of a sweet-tooth, but I think that your Christmas Treats look too festive to eat, anyway! ;) I love how you did the snowflake pattern on the last cookie, as well as the snowflake theme of your gingerbread house. But maybe I just really like snowflakes...
    Also, the new design of this blog is amazing! I love the aesthetic, and especially the cover photo. In fact, you even inspired me to update my blog somewhat, to change the atmosphere on mine as you did on yours. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so very much ❤️ Your comments are so sweet I'm so, so happy you like the update and that I inspired you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts